The procedure for in vitro fertilization begins with finding an inclined egg donor. In most cases, egg donation is done anonymously but the recipient does not have the option to choose a donor is identified. Egg donation agencies prefer to choose women falling in the age group 21-35 years. Egg donation should choose reliable egg donation treatment in Cyprus in order to donate their eggs.
Another preference is for donors who are in good condition. Donors are usually registered by means of a newspaper or radio ads.
- After finding a donor who is willing, the body must ensure that the woman meets certain conditions:
- The first criterion is that the donor must have the right weight for his size. He also needs to be a non-smoker.
- The next step involves a donor egg donation agency supplying his full medical history.
- She must also agree to a complete physical examination and participate in counselling sessions. Upon successful completion of this test, paired donors with recipients.
- Most of the egg donation program adopted a policy of matching donor and recipient have the same attributes such as eye colour and skin tone.
Egg Donation: Myth
A common misconception about egg donation is that it means that the donor sells her eggs. The law does not allow this practice.
However, donors do not get a financial reward to give time to the cause. The egg donation process is a long one that generally lasts for about 3 months.
During this time, he must be on hand at all times to appointments and examinations.
Another mistaken belief is that a person donating eggs would result in infertility problems because of the limited number of eggs. This idea is not correct because the procedure involved has nothing to do with an egg donor.
Egg donation involves the introduction of certain hormones in the body that allows the production of new eggs.